Friday, June 3, 2016

Member Profile: Getting to Know .....


the Club President - Allan Griffin

How/When did you get interested in photography?
Started in high school and again shortly before 2000, bought my first digital slr in 2005 but was not allowed to persue, 2010 was when it became apparent that photography would not only consume and save my life, but become my passion, due to a cataclysm in my life that quickly spiralled out of control

What do you shoot with?
Only the best in my opinion being Nikon. with recently a Nikon D700 DSLR and purchased a high end film SLR camera

What is your favourite subject, and Why?
I have many favourite subjects which are constantly evolving and developing, what started with Landscapes because of Ken Duncan whilst growing up now includes night exposures, urbanscapes, starting interests in tableau, joiners and formalism and architecture.

However my favourite is artistic nude, not for the reason you may be thinking, because I photograph male and female.... This is because of shapes, light and shadows created, curves, creating sculptures, this style I prefer in black and white because of the aesthetic nature

What is your most memorable photographic moment?
Photographing the Christmas Pageant is probably most memorable.

What is your favourite image, and Why?
A selfie with my daughter and my autistic son photo bombed with a kiss, cuddle and smile, this is a rare moment treasured....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please fee free to leave a comment