Friday, June 24, 2016

Member Profile: Getting to Know ....


the Treasurer - Bec Lundberg


How/When did you get interested in photography?
I bought my first DSLR when my son was born in 2009, but I didn't start taking it seriously until 2012. Up until that point, I really only took family snapshots

What do you shoot with?
Until recently I shot with a Canon 650D, but have now upgraded to a Canon 5D MKIII

What is your favourite subject, and Why?
I enjoy shooting landscapes and nature/macro. Lately I have been more specifically shooting flowers (with or without butterflies). I love their form, lines and texture and there are endless ways to shoot them.

What is your most memorable photographic moment?
Having the opportunity to shoot the Credit Union Christmas Pageant this year. It was so exciting, I had never been to the pageant before and to be able to walk along the route and photograph it was an incredible experience.

What is your favourite image, and Why?
This is a hard question for me as I have so many, but my winning 2014 POTY landscape shot is at the top of the list along with a shot of a Dahlia I took at the Botanic Gardens. The Jetty shot was the one I had taken with some newly purchased ND Grad filters and the conditions turned out to be absolutely perfect. There were very little people out as it was a cold night and the water was still enough to capture some beautiful reflections in the water.

I just love the lines and texture of the Dahlia and I couldn't go past the colour either.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please fee free to leave a comment