Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Getting to know .....

Vicki Easom


Vicki Easom receiving a trophy in 2013

What got me interested in photography?

I have been interested since around 1980, but got more serious about it when I moved to a country town in WA in 1990, where there was little to do, so I took up a 6 week course through TAFE in the next town, then got talked into joining the nearby Katanning Camera Club by the instructor.

What do I shoot with?

A canon 450D (or Canon EFM film camera).

What is my favourite subject and why?

I class myself as a "Rural Photographer", I love ruins, landscapes, old sheds, trees and the great outdoors - especially outback areas.

Most memorable photographic moment.

I was following a "mud map" to some ruins out the back roads of Riverton with a friend when I sort of lost it on the muddy roads. We never found the ruins but where the car stopped on an awkward angle, I noticed a lovely landscape with canola and green pastures with a well positioned tree. After we dusted ourselves off and got the car back on the road we went to a higher vantage point nearby and I shot the image known to many of you "Fields of Green and Gold" which has done quite well for me, including runner-up Best Landscape Print last year at Camera Club.



If you would like to see more of what our members have accomplished, please click on the member's name in the labels section on the right hand side of this page, or feel free to visit our Facebook page and type their name in the Search Box

Cheers,
Cathy Cates, PACC Secretary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please fee free to leave a comment